What are my options for Walt Disney World scooters for rent? There are two options:
- Rent a scooter inside the Disney World theme park you are visiting on a daily basis or
- Rent a scooter from an external mobility scooter, electronic convenience vehicle, ECV, electric wheelchair, company
Following is a few things to think about to help make your decision.
- Can the person walk enough to get inside the park? This may include getting from their hotel to a bus, from a bus to just inside the park where you can rent a scooter. If coming by car, walking from the parking lot to the park entrance or to a tram, monorail etc. (In the handicap parking lots, Disney does provide wheelchairs for use in the lot on an as available basis but you must relinquish them before you get to the park entrance or transportation area.) If the answer is yes they can walk that far, then you might consider daily rentals from the park, if it is no, you should consider renting a scooter from an external company so you can use it to also get to and from the park.
- Is it imperative that the person has a scooter for touring the park? During busy times the park scooters do get sold out and they are rented on a first come first serve basis. If you absolutely have to have a scooter the only way to guaranty you will have one for your use would be to arrange to rent one from an external company where you can order your rental as far out as 1 year. The external rental companies typically have a 48 hour cancellation policy, so you can make a reservation in advance and cancel at the last minute if your plans change.
- Would the scooter rider benefit from having a scooter to get around at their hotel or resort? External Orlando scooter rental companies deliver scooters to your hotel so you can use them not only to get to and while at the parks, but also around the hotel, which most of them are quite large!
- Are you staying on or off-property? If on-property, you should consider whether you will always be on-property or if you might want to take a car or taxi to somewhere off-property such as a shopping mall or restaurant etc. If you might want to go off-property, make sure you rent a truly lightweight and transportable scooter that will fit in a car/taxi trunk. If you are staying on-property, you can still rent one of the sportier, luxury transportable models or one of the new specialty on-property models that have the new large luxury seats!
When renting from an external company make sure they:
- have a wide variety of scooter types to choose from
- provide details and videos of the actual model you want to rent
- operate 7 days a week, including (especially) holidays
- their hours of operation match park operating hours to ensure they will be available to support you should you have a question or issue from early morning to late night
- provide a time guaranty for repair or replacement, if needed
- will come into the park to provide service or support