It is important that you do your homework when renting a mobility scooter, wheelchair, electric wheelchair, electronic convenience vehicle (ECV) for your vacation. There are several items to consider:
- Does the medical equipment rental company have a variety of mobility scooter models available?
- Do they state the weight capacity and run time for each scooter model (how long they will last between charges)?
- Are the mobility scooters easily portable – fold up or easily disassemble for transport in a Car trunk or taxi?
- Does the company’s website provide details such as:
- operational hours (park open hours are 8 am to 11 pm)
- service commitment time
- Do they come into the theme parks (Walt Disney World, Universal Florida, SeaWorld) for servicing?
- Is the staff that answer the phones knowledgeable and friendly?
- Do they offer on-line reservations?
And most importantly do they show you detailed videos of the actual scooter models specifically being ridden and folding up or breaking down for transport?Orlando provides entertainment options that make vacation memories that can last a lifetime, make sure you take care in renting your medical equipment mobility scooter rental.